Android OS based devices are ruling the electronic world today. Android Smartphones are the only ones that can be said to have affected the growth of the mighty iPhone. The main reason behind such huge popularity of the Android devices is not just because the OS is from Google but also because of the fact that there is no scarcity for freeware for Android based devices that makes them popular. Though there is no scarcity for the free Android apps, unfortunately, along with free stuff comes in the problem of malware and viruses. The potential risk of getting the Android devices infected with virus or malware is keeping many of them stay away from enjoying loads of free Android apps. Statistics indicate that 18,000+ new Android applications appeared just during this month (November 2010 alone). Certainly, looking for safe virus free Android applications would seem like searching for a needle in a digital haystack of data. However, here is the key to sort out the safest Android applications from the rest.
The best Protection Against Virus, Malware and Spyware:
Well, this is not about any advertisement about some antivirus program for your Android device. In fact if you go behind searching for the best antivirus for your Android device, you’d probably end up in getting a virus itself. So the best protection against all vulnerabilities of your Android device is to spot the best one. Just keep on reading to know how to spot the safest free Android apps.
– User reviews, comments and ratings the main deciding factor – The primary deciding factor to confirm the safety of the free Android apps is the user reviews. As the Android applications are getting widely used, there would be many first time users for every application and they would definitely share their experiences with the application. If there are similar negative feedbacks from the users, it is obviously wise to stay away from that application.
– Ignoring Permission Alerts are paths to breach of personal information – All the Android powered devices carry sensitive personal information. Due to people’s tendency to install and try all the free applications, scammers can gain easy access to this info as well. According to certain surveys, only 1 out of 10 people read the installation instructions and the permission alerts. Ignoring the permission alerts (such as the ones that need your permission to access your address book) will be like opening the doors wide open for the scammers. Read the permission alerts carefully while installing free Android apps. If there are no permission alerts during installation, you can always see the permission setting buy navigating to “security” through market- menu- downloads-select app – menu – security.
– Android apps download from sites that provide a wealth of resourceful and useful information – There are many spots online where you can find free Android apps along with lots of details. Always look for info such as history of previous versions of the application, permissions needed, user comments, application evolution history etc.
The bottom line is that the key to best protection from adware, malware, viruses and other security vulnerabilities with free Android apps lies within the information provided about the app along with the feedback and comments from the users.
- Android Game Development – Making The Best Choices
- Readily Android Cell Phone Designer – Organization Versus Freelance Author
- Google Maps For Android: Made Navigation Simpler Like Never Before
- Role & Significance Of Android Mobile Application
- Android Application Development – A User Friendly Mobile Applications Run By Android
About Author: apkdownloader